SNCF 141P model query

Pierview

A friend has two Jouef SNCF 141P models,both of which have the same number, which appears on small plates on the cab sides and is also displayed on the buffer beam. He would like to give one of the locomotives a different identity and has asked me if there are suppliers who may produce the necessary plates or transfers.  I am unable to advise him as  I model UK prototypes and in consequence have no knowledge that may assist him.

Can any one help? Forgive me for trespassing on your forum but I thought that I had better ask the experts!

Barry

56 minutes ago, Pierview said:

A friend has two Jouef SNCF 141P models,both of which have the same number, which appears on small plates on the cab sides and is also displayed on the buffer beam. He would like to give one of the locomotives a different identity and has asked me if there are suppliers who may produce the necessary plates or transfers.  I am unable to advise him as  I model UK prototypes and in consequence have no knowledge that may assist him.

Can any one help? Forgive me for trespassing on your forum but I thought that I had better ask the experts!

Barry

The various French artisan model companies produce lots of detailing parts.

One source is Interfer ( a very sympathetic operation based in the French pre Alps south  of Geneva) 

Here is the link to their 141P plates

http://interfer-trains.com/index.php?id_product=496&controller=product

As you can see they do 141P102 as a direct replacement/improvement  for the Jouef model, which as you can see has a 36P tender so the choice of alternative ready made numbers is limited to   74 or 81. However as you may see they also offer bespoke plates .

The note below on their web page means: complete set of plates and two SNCF smokebox logos per fret. To order they say use reference "141P + whatever number you want" 

Jeux complets de plaques et 2 macarons frontaux pour locomotives SNCF. Entre parenthèses : type de tender. 9 numéros possibles au choix :

Référence = 141 P + N° choisi

The buffer beam number would have to be manually changed either by judicious craft knife work or by using number decals (also available from various suppliers) 

Gordon

Edited by Gordonwis
  • Informative/Useful 1