Harrogate Show Friday 10th & Sat 11th March 2023 25+ layouts Ft.... Heaton Lodge

Hairy Bear Digital

13 hours ago, mozzer models said:

The usual model railway trade may not of been there because 4 weeks ago it was BRM Doncaster & in 4 weeks Its York Show so doing 3 large shows been so close in distance to each other would not be gain enough extra sales to cover attending a 3rd show this is why 247 Developments did not attend

Yes, you are quite right, and I wasn't complaining about the traders' own decisions not to attend - if all the usual ones were actually invited that is.  I know that cost of attendance, as well as the time it takes up, is a problem for traders.  It is also evident that this "new and unproven" combination event at Harrogate was organised rather late, at least as far as the model railway side of things is concerned, and clearly traders cannot all be expected to be available for extra shows if they already have regular bookings in their diaries.

I was quite taken with these items for some reason, on the Leeds Model and Experimental Engineers' display stand. 3.5" gauge and 5" gauge I believe. Nice to see some South Western coaches that are not counterfeit RTR generics too.

IMG_20230310_164637.jpg.006dbebbda66f8138a27e0e1c70c1e23.jpg

IMG_20230310_164652.jpg.0ecb27c09f1a93cd7a59cd833051fd71.jpg

• Like 3