Switch stand advice needed.

w124bob

I'm getting to the stage where I want to install cosmetic switch stands( about 8) but really don't know whats appropriate for an '80s era diesel depot. This being the UK there is also the issue of whats available. Firstly when did those modern big yellow handle style appear in the US, also anyone scratch built any style of switch stand?

15 hours ago, long island jack said:

not sure of the year those modern eco switch stands came in to use, but i've these coming in the post if it helps

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155378922627

I spotted these, let us know on here how the Royal Mail/Customs charges work out please.

I also found the Rapido ones, I emailed Rapido UK regarding a UK supply. Sadly they won't be stocking them in the UK. I'd forgotten about  Tony Sissons and his various etches so thanks for the link.

I personally go with Caboose Industries throws, a bit oversized, but then I use them as functional switches rather than just cosmetic jobbies. Those Tony Sissons ones look great, just wish I could actually buy some rather than a google picture of them 🤨

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, long island jack said:

Mine have landed, they look OK bit of flash to clean offIMG_20230325_120050.jpg.73e952a00cf26c5a53f29d34ed983a5b.jpg

Did you get stung for any customs and RM admin fees, just noticed the seller is in Europe despite the price quoted in $. Some interesting other stuff there too, Alco engine block looks particularly tempting!

Edited by w124bob

Dear Nick,

Those Tony Sissons ones look great, just wish I could actually buy some rather than a google picture of them

You can buy the etched bowtie handles themselves, just email Tony on the address in the photo description...

https://tonysissons.zenfolio.com/p669006663/h3d6f869a

(see below the image, towards the bottom left... I have purchased them from Tony this way,

100% would-reccomend, and will be purchasing more myself...)

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

Edited by Prof Klyzlr