Posting in this area is restricted to RMweb Gold members only.

MPD 7mm Scale MR / LMS Johnson 1F 0-6-0t

• RMweb Gold

MPD 7mm Scale MR / LMS Johnson 1F 0-6-0t

This is an MPD Kit of the Johnson open cab 1f 0-6-0t.

The MPD kits were very well made and highly thought of, and are now hard to find in their original format, having (I think) been bought out by Slaters back in the day.

This kit is, I believe, the one still marketed by Slaters, although it now includes wheels, motor and gearbox, which this original version does not.

The chassis and coupling rods are milled brass, the smokebox is a turned brass casting, and the detail parts are cast whitemetal with the safety valve in brass. the frame spacers are pre tapped and brass bushes are included. The Buffers are brass shanks with steel sprung buffers.

The kit is assumed complete: the etched parts all appear to be present and all the cast details were still sealed in their plastic bags (I opened the bag of larger castings for photographic purposes). The instructions rather charmingly apologise for the lack of the safety valve rods, as the manufacturers did not feel they could make them to a fine enough standard, but have included wire so the builder can fabricate their own.

I have not checked every single part, but the photos form the description and show everything that is included in the sale.

With this in mind, I hope this is a bargain at £175 (the Slaters version is listed at £420, but of course includes wheels, etc.)

Thanks for looking.

• Advertiser
    Gareth001
  • Date
    21/03/23
  • Price
    £175
  • Category