Paint Shades.

I'm painting a model of a bridge and want to get a good shade that is effective and as close to the real thing as possible. This conversation has surfaced many times before I'm sure but it is still a tricky one as we are talking about concrete.

I have the bridge bearings and they are now a nice shade of matt black so being able to achieve a decent finish on the bridge would give a really good visual appearance overall.

Paul.

DSCF1305.JPG

DSCF1312.JPG

• RMweb Premium

Dulux Pebble Shore has done a pretty good job of rendering my lounge like the inside of a WW2 pill box.

More usefully, Plasticote Suede which was recommended somewhere on here and I think i got from Wilko, is a sort of neutral grey brown and then I'd uses washes or powders 

• Informative/Useful 1

Yes, Plastikote Suede is a good one. That is now discontinued I think but I'm sure I've got a can of it somewhere. I did a couple of old Hornby Dublo Southern Region footbridges with that and they came up really well. I would hazard a guess that once a couple of coats of that have been applied it's a case of adding some weathering over the top in various forms.

Paul.