Class 121 & 122 Bubble Car interiors during green blue transition

muddys-blues

Hello, I have been trawling the internet trying to find specific interior details of class 121 & 122 DMU bubble cars.

I wanted to know when these units got repainted from Green to all over rail blue, where the seat coverings changed at the same time ? 

Or did some units go in, have just repaint, and get their interiors/seats  changed at the next major inspection/overhaul.

Any information or picture would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Craig 

At the time you describe, the green to blue transition period - locally to me, Cardiff Canton had both Cl.121 and 122 units (well, just  one of the latter).

W55019 usually worked the Penarth - Cadoxton service and was early into blue - but I don't recall the interior (uphol;stery) being changed.

The Canton 121s, which over time  included W55023, 55025, 55026 and 55034 (BSYP) & 55035 amongst others, also worked Penarth - Cadoxton, as well as Bridgend - Cymmer - Treherbert - and likewise, I don't recall their upholstery and interior decor changing when first repainted.

In June, 1969 a BFYE W55026 was working the Bridgend - Cymmer service with a sheet of plywood in one of the large saloon windows.

Edited by br2975
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, br2975 said:

At the time you describe, the green to blue transition period - locally to me, Cardiff Canton had both Cl.121 and 122 units (well, just  one of the latter).

W55019 usually worked the Penarth - Cadoxton service and was early into blue - but I don't recall the interior (uphol;stery) being changed.

The Canton 121s, which over time  included W55023, 55025, 55026 and 55034 (BSYP) & 55035 amongst others, also worked Penarth - Cadoxton, as well as Bridgend - Cymmer - Treherbert - and likewise, I don't recall their upholstery and interior decor changing when first repainted.

In June, 1969 a BFYE W55026 was working the Bridgend - Cymmer service with a sheet of plywood in one of the large saloon windows.

Hello BR2975, dioch yn fawr thank you very much for responding with that information.

Best regards

Craig.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Had a look on the Railcar site and while it describes the interiors as-built, there's no mention of any specific change afterwards.

Presumably they would be only be re-upholstered, if required, during works overhaul with the moquette available at the time.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, keefer said:

Had a look on the Railcar site and while it describes the interiors as-built, there's no mention of any specific change afterwards.

Presumably they would be only be re-upholstered, if required, during works overhaul with the moquette available at the time.

I would have thought a lot of the preserved ones will still have their final interior so should be able to work out if there was a general change from the original as described on that site?