HM7000 Bachmann 66

Pmorgancym

No suggestions I am afraid, but I am interested in the answer as I have a couple of 66s awaiting sound fitting and space seems limited. Or at least, too limited for the only spare speaker I have lying around.

Just spotted that you asked same question in the main HM7000 thread and had a useful answer. Oddly, that answer has also enabled me to identify my unknown 'too big' speaker- it is one of the Road and Rails megabass examples- the biggest. I might try seeing if it will squeeze in with some chopping....

• Like 1

Well back from tinkering, as you will have already worked out if you have taken the body off  there is only about 6 to 10mm of height for the speaker depending on whether it is narrow enough to fit between as opposed to on top of the rails on the chassis - either way the full sized Megabass speaker will not fit without cutting its enclosure off- probably best to use it for something where it fits without that!

• Informative/Useful 1

49 minutes ago, Sotto said:

Well back from tinkering, as you will have already worked out if you have taken the body off  there is only about 6 to 10mm of height for the speaker depending on whether it is narrow enough to fit between as opposed to on top of the rails on the chassis - either way the full sized Megabass speaker will not fit without cutting its enclosure off- probably best to use it for something where it fits without that!

Guides I have read people remove the existing enclosure in the loco

• Agree 1

I think it depends on which generation of the loco you have- mine had no original enclosure. Still not enough room for that particular speaker. Plenty of others seem to be small enough though, it is just knowing how good they are, or not!

• 3 weeks later...