Hobbytrain BLS Ae 6/8 - Sound equipping

Michanglais

Hi all!

I've just acquired one of these models and have learned that it comes with a speaker pre-fitted.

This is possibly a question for the DCC forum but I'll post here first of all :)

If I fit a sound-decoder, where do I get the sounds files from for an Ae 6/8?  I presume they're not 'in' the decoder and have to be downloaded and uploaded to the decoder? 

Or, as an alternative is there a 'generic electric loco' sound decoder? 

As you may be able to tell, I'm a bit of a novice in terms of DCC/sound!

Cheers,

Michael

If you choose an ESU Loksound decoder, the sound files are on their website. However, you will need the ESU Lokprogrammer to load the files to the decoder.

The alternative is to find a hobby shop that offers the programming service when you purchase the decoder from them. Many shops do this at no charge when you purchase from them.

The Lokprogrammer not only allows the upload of any sound file on their web site at no charge, it also allows easier CV programming and manipulation, and additional sound bits within the downloaded program. For instance, different horns and whistles, additional station announcements, etc. Custom files made by other individuals are also possible to upload to the decoder. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Sound files for 203, 204, 205 and 207 seem to be available on the Fulgurex website - click on the 'digital' tab near the bottom. There is also a link to the ESU site, so they may well be ESU files.

(I was looking for something completely different)  🤪

• Like 1