If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Wanted: Hornby X9586 M7 Rods Accessory Detail Pack (no longer required)

MattR

My second-hand Hornby M7 (R2678) has some broken/mangled brake gear that needs to be replaced. Peter's Spares is out of stock (plus their shipping to the U.S. is £39). Don't suppose anyone happens to have the X9586 pack on hand?

Edited by MattR

There is a set on eBay right now.  Be quick.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304919023811?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=jVOV8e3ZTfK&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=NtG1_XQcQXK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

If postage is ludicrous I can buy them and send them by a basic Royal Mail service, at your risk (but you can ruin my reputation here if I rip you off!).

Edited by rogerzilla

Still a large amount of money -- I'll have to pass, but thank you for the offer!. As higher prices go, it'd probably be easier to just do a chassis swap.

Edited by MattR

Which bits do you need?  I bought a complete pack a couple of months ago but I only needed one metal brake rod.  As you may have noticed, they fall off easily.  I added a spot of superglue.

Edited by rogerzilla

The metal brake rods are decent on mine. It’s the two plastic cross pieces that the rods connect to that are broken, as well as the four brake blocks that have broken free of the pegs that hold them to the chassis.

12 hours ago, MattR said:

The metal brake rods are decent on mine. It’s the two plastic cross pieces that the rods connect to that are broken, as well as the four brake blocks that have broken free of the pegs that hold them to the chassis.

You can have them for the cost of postage.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• MattR changed the title to Wanted: Hornby X9586 M7 Rods Accessory Detail Pack (no longer required)