New Coronation Locomotive

• RMweb Gold

I might be coming to the party very late on this as, to be honest I normally don't give a second glance towards the modern railway scene with my own personal interests being very much in the 20th century.

However, I did wonder this morning are we going to see a locomotive(s) or multiple units named as Coronation or King Charles III perhaps with a unique livery in the next week or so.

In the past many railway companies chose to commemorate such royal events, most notably the LNWR, LMS and the GWR, I was wondering if anyone knew of any such possible namings or liveries etc being planned.

Kevin

Edited by Strathwood

21 minutes ago, Strathwood said:

I might be coming to the party very late on this as, to be honest I normally don't give a second glance towards the modern railway scene with my own personal interests being very much in the 20th century.

However, I did wonder this morning are we going to see a locomotive(s) or multiple units named as Coronation of King Charles III perhaps with a unique livery in the next week or so.

In the past many railway companies chose to commemorate such royal events, most notably the LNWR, LMS and the GWR, I was wondering if anyone knew of any such possible namings or liveries etc being planned.

Kevin

I assume you saw LNER's naming of a train service - The Carolean Express? 

Applied to the 1100 King's Cross to Edinburgh.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

5 hours ago, rovex said:

I'm surprised Hornby haven't cashed in with a specially named King class, who know still a week to go

To follow GWR precedent, the preservationists should rename King Edward I (6024) as King Charles III, since Edward I is the king that came first out of the three remaining.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 29/04/2023 at 11:01, Wickham Green too said:

Unfortunately most people idiots would think that was going to the West Indies !

No, I think you had it right first time.....

Actually,  I think they'd think "but we haven't got a Queen Carol".

• Agree 1