Hornby eLink controller

GWR-fan

This morning I received an apparently unused Hornby eLink trainset,  "Western Master",  purchased purely for the loco, rolling stock and track in the set  I was aware that the software was not included (the set was very inexpensive),  but did receive the eLink controller,  power supply and cables.  I have no interest in the eLink controller and power supply so these are surplus to my needs.   I am aware that once used,  the software cannot be transferred to another computer,  however,  is the controller itself restricted from being used with another Railmaster CD?    I do not know if the previous owner has powered up the controller to use with the software or simply purchased the set just for the software CD.   The set looks like it has not been used.   I thought of onselling the controller and power supply for a minimal amount but am concerned that possibly the controller might be "registered" with the original CD software from the set and thus a potential purchaser of the controller may not be able to use it with another CD.

I have used an E-Link with more than one computer loaded with Railmaster (not at the same time obviously!)

You can also use the E-Link with JMRI, if you are not a fan of Railmaster.

• Informative/Useful 1