London Road Models new website

Jol Wilkinson

London Road Models have a new website at http://www.londonroadmodels.com

The previous website, hosted by the S4 Society, may remain live for a brief period until the S4 Society closes it, but please use only the new site as above.

Please note that the new website shows the recent price increase on LRM products, which supercede those on the previous site with immediate effect. This is the first price increase by LRM in four years and reflects significant increases in manufacturing costs over that time.

London Road Models contact details are unchanged and can be found on the "Contact Us" page of the new website.

• Like 12

Well I assume the "Scalefour" site let it slip past my employer's filters but for one reason or another I get a bad boy notice for the direct site on my work mobile. I guess it's the "models" in the address. 

Is this driven by Scalefour not wanting to fall within the digital platforms rules from next Jan? Is needing to report LRM sales to HMRC.

The Scalefour Society has hosted several members websites for some time and LRM was one of them. The new website is on a different server.

Several people have reported back that the new site doesn't work fully on mobile phones but is okay on PCs, laptops and iPads. This is under investigation by the website developer and should be sorted within a few days. The software used to test the website showed up no problems before it was launched, but that's software programs for you.

The decision to develop a new website was based solely on issues experienced on the S4 Society's hosted site with Wordpress, after WP deleted the theme that the LRM site had been built on. And that is about the limit of my IT knowledge on the matter.

As I am not the proprietor of London Road Models and have no financial involvement in the business, I was not aware of the HMRC issue. It sounds like a horrendously complex matter and presumably the likes of Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc. will have lots of fun with it. 

Edited by Jol Wilkinson
Additional text
  • Like 1