Can you get a Decoder Reconfigured?

Peter749

I purchased an Accurascale Class 92 and at the time the Lok Pilot Decoders were not available so I fitted a normal version.

I can go Forwards and Backwards and put the Day Lights on - that is it.

Recently I picked up a Second 92 and ordered the Lok Pilot Decoder from Accurascale  but then I found it was not compatible with my DCC System - a Lenz LH90

My system only goes to F12 and the Decoder to F28

The Card that Accurascale give you with the loco shows all the Fn for the sounds - not taking it to account people might run it without sound.

It literally has all the bells and whistles (F10) for the despatch whistle.

So can I get the Decoder reconfigured?

Somebody said I could reprogram it using a Computer but my ability at 67 is limited in the DCC Field

Thanks

Peter

Answer yes, its "function mapping".  

I would not attempt to do it with a LH90 handset and current ESU LokPilot.   It is possible, and I know how they work, and I know it is possible.  I'd not attempt it because its a complicated button faffing nightmare.  

So, yes, possible, but you need a better setup to do it.  And, unless you like a lot of button pushing faffing, for an ESU current decoder, a computer to assist.    Find someone who has the kit to do it for you, offering to pay their time if appropriate.    You need to write out what keys you'd like to control which features.  Then its fairly quick. 

- Nigel

• Like 1
  • Agree 1