If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Class i2 (LB&SCR) — kit or RTR-model?

Petri Sallinen

There was the plan to sell two Class i2 locos (2013 and 2019) to Finland in 1949. We have found the documents made by Abelson & Co who made the offer. Finns were not interested in that idea. Originally locos were made for London, Brighton & South Coast Railway (LB&SCR) — not very successful class I guess (only ten locos were made). Anyway — this case would be quite nice "what if" -case if there are available Class i2 -locos, RTR model or kits. I made some searches and I have an effect that no models are available. Please let me know if there are some in 4MM/00 scale — 00, EM or P4 gauges works as well.

Petri Sallinen

Helsinki Finland

rtdSsh.jpg
NF9cJc.png

Edited by Petri Sallinen
  • Like 1

It's unlikely any company would produce an RTR i2. Probably your only realistic option would be to attempt a conversion from the Finecast i3 - however I'm not at all sure how much of the kit you'd be able to use. Although the two classes have a close family resemblance, and the wheelbase and some of the fittings would be more or less the same, the i2 is a much smaller engine - 7 inches shorter, 6 inches narrower and 5ft 6inch drivers as against 6ft 7 and a half. Cutting down an i3 body to match is not a job I would like, so good luck if you try it...

• Like 1

• Petri Sallinen changed the title to Class i2 (LB&SCR) — kit or RTR-model?

Thank you for your information Peterem. OK. I think that Class i2 was so marginally occurence that it is not very interested thinking about making locomotive models. If I would like to get the model of i2 it might be better to make it handmade — first it would clever to check out if models or kits are available.