Stamford (Market Deeping) Model Railway Exhibition 2023

SHGP Media

I can't seem to find any thread for this show which is surprising considering its size.  It was my first time visiting this venue and some really good layouts were on show, some travelling a fair distance to exhibit.

One of which was Filmed at the 2023 Brotton Mill, is a 00 gauge layout exhibited by the Shildon Model Railway Club. It depicts a fictional location set somewhere on the LNER/LMS border and is set in the 1950/60s.

which

Filmed at the 2023 Stamford Model Railway Exhibition, hosted by the Market Deeping Model Railway Club. Amberdale is a 00 gauge exhibited by the Market Deeping MRC. It depicts a fictional branchline set somewhere in the north Derbyshire Peak District, and is set in the 1950/60s. 

• RMweb Premium

It was a good show I enjoyed it,,

But won't be going again, not the shows fault, just the time getting there cross country for me.

• Agree 1

Ranelagh Bridge is a 00 scale layout constructed by The Little Layout Company, and depicts the loco servicing and stabling point which was located west of Paddington Station. It is set during the BR blue period of the 1970s.

Edited by SHGP Media

TheQ said ",,,,It was a good show I enjoyed it,,

But won't be going again, not the shows fault, just the time getting there cross country for me...."

Agree it was a good show. I probably will go again but from north of Norwich it is a fair old cross country trek, on A47, A1(M), and then through Stamford. Got there just as the Welland Academy car park was full but fortunately someone exited and we got in. 

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, geoffers said:

TheQ said ",,,,It was a good show I enjoyed it,,

But won't be going again, not the shows fault, just the time getting there cross country for me...."

Agree it was a good show. I probably will go again but from north of Norwich it is a fair old cross country trek, on A47, A1(M), and then through Stamford. Got there just as the Welland Academy car park was full but fortunately someone exited and we got in. 

I'm east north east of Norwich,  it takes 1/2 hour or more just to get to the NDR, before getting round Norwich.

Still trying to find a  range of shows to go to now I have the time to do so. It doesn't help losing so many shows locally. Great Yarmouth, Rickinghall, St Felix school and others.

The premises for our own big show was withdrawn from use, so we are having two small shows / club open days,

The first is at Hoveton village hall NR12 8DU on Sunday 28th May 10:00 till 15:00.

On 25/05/2023 at 18:56, TheQ said:

I'm east north east of Norwich,  it takes 1/2 hour or more just to get to the NDR, before getting round Norwich.

Still trying to find a  range of shows to go to now I have the time to do so. It doesn't help losing so many shows locally. Great Yarmouth, Rickinghall, St Felix school and others.

The premises for our own big show was withdrawn from use, so we are having two small shows / club open days,

The first is at Hoveton village hall NR12 8DU on Sunday 28th May 10:00 till 15:00.

I popped over to Hoveton last year but am on grandaughter-sitting duties over the bank-holiday so sadly will have to miss it this year. I will keep an ear out for your next one. Too true about loss of exhibitions over here. I especially miss Southwold. It always seemed to have fine weather too. The NDR is a pain - people still cannot use the roundabouts properly.

Scarlington is an N gauge layout exhibited by the NoEL Group. It depicts a fictional location set somewhere in the North East of England. Elements of the layout take inspiration from Newcastle, Darlington and Scarborough. It is set during the 1980s. 

• 1 month later...