Hornby/Corgi Trackside Scammell lowloader with Drag shovel and Coles crane

GWR-fan

When these were recently released (rereleased?) I decided to purchase three of the low loader with the drag shovel plus three of the release with the Coles crane.  My intent was either a wagon load or just clutter around a goods yard or perhaps a construction site.  I believe that the models represent excellent value as a similar Corgi drag shovel can sometimes cost over GBP25.00- 30.00 and when I have seen a pre-owned Coles crane it will sell for close to GBP20.00 on its own.

Oddly,  the model is not listed as 1/76 scale on the packaging but it does state "to compliment "OO" scale model railway layouts".  I recently purchased several of the Corgi Thornycroft GWR articulated trailer trucks and considered them to be undersized even though listed as "OO" scale.

The drag shovel is listed as fully poseable,  however,  unless the bucket is placed level with the base of the drag shovel then the cables will need to be altered.  To arrange the shovel on the supplied flatbed truck would make the cables very unrealistically slack.  These are definitely nice models and worth the asking price as basically the flatbed truck is free when one considers the price for the load.