If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello!

John Laidlaw

Hello there!

My name's John (as you may have noticed :)), and I am intending to return to a little bit of railway modelling after a long absence. I do build other models - mostly aircraft - but only at glacial speeds.

I have a particular interest in N-gauge pre-BR steam, which makes things interesting, as I now live in the Midwest of the USA. It seems I like to make things difficult for myself ;).

• RMweb Premium

Hi John ,

welcome to RMweb , I'm sure you will find plenty on here to help with your modelling , don't be afraid to ask

questions , for the most part we are a friendly bunch and don't bite often . laugh.gif

I'm sure you will find many N gauge folks will be interested in your exploits .

And a Happy Independance Day to you .

Mike .

Welcome! Another English expat living in New Jersey - Composer, Musician. Mainly Soundtracks, Websites and Ads now........

I'm awaiting the hordes of hungry July 4thers to eat me out of house and home...........

Best, Pete.

Hi John ,

welcome to RMweb , I'm sure you will find plenty on here to help with your modelling , don't be afraid to ask

questions , for the most part we are a friendly bunch and don't bite often . laugh.gif

I'm sure you will find many N gauge folks will be interested in your exploits .

And a Happy Independance Day to you .

Mike .

Hi Mike,

Thank you! I'm looking forward to the help... things have changed a lot since my last foray into rail modelling :D.

John (currently staying indoors and drinking tea until the parade has passed)

Welcome! Another English expat living in New Jersey - Composer, Musician. Mainly Soundtracks, Websites and Ads now........

I'm awaiting the hordes of hungry July 4thers to eat me out of house and home...........

Best, Pete.

Thanks Pete! Another expat musician, huh? I'm guessing a guitarist from your user name :D.

Just keep the grill fired up and the beer cold...

Cheers!

John

Thanks Pete! Another expat musician, huh? I'm guessing a guitarist from your user name :D.

Just keep the grill fired up and the beer cold...

Cheers!

John

Not many people on here realize the significance.............my first guitar was a Burns Sonic Model - 1965music_mini.gif

You also a member of The Gear Page? Not what it was but still the best for guitar stuff.......same moniker on there.

Cheers, Pete.

Not many people on here realize the significance.............my first guitar was a Burns Sonic Model - 1965music_mini.gif

You also a member of The Gear Page? Not what it was but still the best for guitar stuff.......same moniker on there.

Cheers, Pete.

Not many list Brian May as their primary influence :D. Burns guitars have always been rather cool - I have a soft spot for the Bison.

Nope... to be honest, I didn't know about it until now. I'll have a poke around - ta!

Cheers!

Archived