Compatability of TGV stock

• RMweb Premium

I've been looking at buying a few TGVs and this has lead to a question? For the centre coaches, which need to share a bogie and usually have a clip in coupling, can different companies coaches couple together? Can you stick 3 Jouef coaches into a Mehano TGV? Anyone had any experience with coupling up different TGVs?

The coupling systems for the intermediate coaches for Lima and Jouef TGVs are different. It requires some difficult-to-reverse butchery to make the two suppliers coaches couple together. I don't have any Mehano units so I can't say how they relate to the other two. However here's a picture of the Jouef coupling configuration - I hope it's self evident how it goes together - for you to compare with the Mehano set-up.

post-7120-127829774613.jpg

For completeness here's the Lima coupling

post-7120-127829933529.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the pics. Joeuf seems very similar to the Mehano ones. I've just got a Jouef one in the post today so will try that later. Not wanting to butcher my coaches to death so i will have to keep hunting around.

Next question is whether anyone knows of a source of replacement intermediate bogies for Mehano TGVs as i've just bought a big lot, but most of the bogies are missing. Might think of resin casting them myself, but i think that is hard.

Thanks for the pics. Joeuf seems very similar to the Mehano ones. I've just got a Jouef one in the post today so will try that later. Not wanting to butcher my coaches to death so i will have to keep hunting around.

Next question is whether anyone knows of a source of replacement intermediate bogies for Mehano TGVs as i've just bought a big lot, but most of the bogies are missing. Might think of resin casting them myself, but i think that is hard.

The Hornby HO scale (aka Jouef & Lima) Eurostar bogies used to be readily available, try East Kent models for starters.

Archived