Early Farish Missing Link

rab

• RMweb Premium

IMG_20230701_171027_174.jpg.f105d518acd489b25b5c4acd7407ac67.jpg

Looking for possible sources for a loco to tender link for this early Poole Farish Hall Class No 1405.

It looks like it originally had a plastic link which pushed into a hole in the tender

and somehow connected to the metal link on the loco, but the plastic has snapped off.

Was going to try to cobble something together, but before I waste my time,

wondered if there is something off the shelf somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

On 01/07/2023 at 19:53, 33C said:

A piece of kit sprue can be fashioned into a drive shaft. Worked for my Lima class 20.

The motor is in the loco and directly drives the loco wheels so there is no need for a drive shaft. 

From the picture the issue appears to be attaching the drawbar to the tender. From memory there should be a simple plastic spigot as part of the tender chassis that the drawbar fits onto and then a plastic top that should rotate over the spigot to hold the drawbar in position. This is the very early version of the Farish Hall chassis, used between approx 1973 and 1978 by both the early plastic can-motor chassis and the later metal chassis with integral motor shown here,  it has wheels that locate in pinpoints in the outer frames, later ones had an internal metal chassis block. You do still see the occasional early loco come up as "spares or repair" on eBay and the like, but there isn't any official source of spares after all this time. Personally I would have a go at making something to do the job, I think it should be pretty straightforward.

Roy

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/07/2023 at 19:05, rab said:

IMG_20230701_171027_174.jpg.f105d518acd489b25b5c4acd7407ac67.jpg

Looking for possible sources for a loco to tender link for this early Poole Farish Hall Class No 1405.

It looks like it originally had a plastic link which pushed into a hole in the tender

and somehow connected to the metal link on the loco, but the plastic has snapped off.

Was going to try to cobble something together, but before I waste my time,

wondered if there is something off the shelf somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

My mistake, thought it was similar to the black 5!