Loksound V4 micro. CV124 help please?

Hello All.

Can anyone help me with the following.

I have just fitted the above chip with a Train-o-Matic Stay-Alive.

The instructions state that you need to set CV124 to 16 from the default of 24.

I have the Loksound manual but I don't understand what the value of 16 does.

One thing I have noticed is the when starting away, the loco now moves off before the brake release and other sounds are completed that it used to make before the alteration.

Also, without the alteration the stay alive does not seem to have any effect.

Finally, I have failed to find this instruction about CV124 anywhere else at all.

Dave.

Which instructions are you reading ?   The ones I have from the Train-o-matic website refer to CV124 in respect of Train-o-matic decoders, but not for ESU.  

(And for ESU, CV124 has a value which alters the start-off delay, ie. the time to allow the brake release to play out).  

- Nigel

2 hours ago, Nigelcliffe said:

Which instructions are you reading ?   The ones I have from the Train-o-matic website refer to CV124 in respect of Train-o-matic decoders, but not for ESU.  

(And for ESU, CV124 has a value which alters the start-off delay, ie. the time to allow the brake release to play out).  

- Nigel

Nigel.

Stay alike instruction.jpg

OK,  eventually found which manual - that's a page from Tramfabrik's website: 

https://train-o-matic.com/kb-powerpack.html

The reference of CV124 is misleading or incomplete.   If the instructions are heading the right way,  you need to know your initial value of CV124 in your loco, then, if bit-3 is set to 1, set that to zero.    ( Can I assume you can do binary maths, with bit counted from bit-0 as the least significant, thus in decimal, bit-3 has value 8 ?  Or does that have to be spelt out).  

The manual for ESU V4, page83, lists what CV124 controls.  There "bit 3" is described as "serial protocol for C-sinus", but its probably "susi".      As you have start-up delay active, your likely value will be:   16 (adaptive regulation) + 4 (startup delay) = 20

Back at Tramfabrik's manual,  they also say that Aux6 has to be disabled, and set out how to set the value for CV(16:0)315.   Note that setting the index values is critical before accessing CV315, otherwise you're accessing a different CV, such as CV(16:1)315 which the volume of sound-slot 8.  ( or several other different things with different index values).   

And, then set a power timeout value in CV113.   

( I've done a few searches for a labelled diagram of a Micro-V4, and can't find one - I wanted to be sure that the solder pad was Aux6 on the micro, and not some other output.   The V5 is a lot simpler, labelled diagrams easily found, and there's a specific function output setting for "powerpack"  )

1 hour ago, Nigelcliffe said:

OK,  eventually found which manual - that's a page from Tramfabrik's website: 

https://train-o-matic.com/kb-powerpack.html

The reference of CV124 is misleading or incomplete.   If the instructions are heading the right way,  you need to know your initial value of CV124 in your loco, then, if bit-3 is set to 1, set that to zero.    ( Can I assume you can do binary maths, with bit counted from bit-0 as the least significant, thus in decimal, bit-3 has value 8 ?  Or does that have to be spelt out).  

The manual for ESU V4, page83, lists what CV124 controls.  There "bit 3" is described as "serial protocol for C-sinus", but its probably "susi".      As you have start-up delay active, your likely value will be:   16 (adaptive regulation) + 4 (startup delay) = 20

Back at Tramfabrik's manual,  they also say that Aux6 has to be disabled, and set out how to set the value for CV(16:0)315.   Note that setting the index values is critical before accessing CV315, otherwise you're accessing a different CV, such as CV(16:1)315 which the volume of sound-slot 8.  ( or several other different things with different index values).   

And, then set a power timeout value in CV113.   

( I've done a few searches for a labelled diagram of a Micro-V4, and can't find one - I wanted to be sure that the solder pad was Aux6 on the micro, and not some other output.   The V5 is a lot simpler, labelled diagrams easily found, and there's a specific function output setting for "powerpack"  )

Thanks Nigel.

When I first read your reply it was all foreign to me but looking at the V4 manual and your info and the fact that the original value for my CV124 was 20, I now understand what is going on.

So it looks like with a value of 20 in CV124 SUSI is off and the start delay in on.

I had already changed to other values beforehand.

Many thanks

Dave.

Edited by dasatcopthorne