Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Crank Pins for TT120

natterjack

Does anyone know of a source of crank pins similar to the Hornby TT120 design which is M1 or 14BA internally threaded with an inner end boss that inserts into the wheel from the rear? While those from Hornby wheels could be repurposed (at a cost), options would be useful as would be suggestions for any other style.

2 hours ago, Les1952 said:

Are they in the batch of spares Hornby have sent to Peters Spares, or do they sell similar?

Not yet but fingers crossed for the future. Butchering Hornby wheelsets seems the only readily available approach, but  one that has the added benefits of axles, bearings and gears.

On 20/07/2023 at 08:14, Les1952 said:

Are they in the batch of spares Hornby have sent to Peters Spares, or do they sell similar?

Les

Had a look at Peters Spares re. Hornby TT spares.

Limited range and most are reasonably priced but some, I wondered if the prices were typos, £35 for two A1 pony truck wheels and axle!! Surely that can't be right?

45 minutes ago, philsandy said:

Limited range and most are reasonably priced but some, I wondered if the prices were typos, £35 for two A1 pony truck wheels and axle!! Surely that can't be right?

The whole area of pony truck and draw bar  parts seems incongruously priced. Very limited availability?

On 24/07/2023 at 15:30, philsandy said:

It seems steep but on the other hand I've never found Peters Spares to be cheap...

You pay for them keeping fiddly little bespoke bits in stock in case someone wants them- I've shelled out an amount that seemed to be measured in limbs for three pairs of Dapol loco to tender wires. Not cheap but available.

Les

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...
On 24/07/2023 at 15:30, philsandy said:

I have asked Hornby re some of the odd pricing and I can't paste the rely but basically thats what has been decided by Hornby and it's unlikely it will change. All we can do is stock the items you may or may not want without ur markup and VAT on them. Thanks Peter