Ugleigh. A work in progress?

DCB

Ugleigh started many years ago, it's the outside branch terminus of our shed based railway and has a theoretically removeable cover we call the "Rabbit Hutch"   Its around 18" X 8ft with a long approach track 15 feet plus probably before the sharp curves leading to the main shed.

Being outside maintenance is heavy and constant.    It started as a model of Faringdon, but soon morphed into something far more generic.    My son named it "Haddenho" when I asked for suggestions for a name and then became Widgham after our late Labrador, and now it's Ugleigh.   The station for Ugleigh St Agnes

and Ugleigh St Claire despite being miles from either.   The station is by the Ugliegh show ground where the Ugleigh Carnival is held with the annual Ugleigh Carnival Queen competition being a popular subject for the more down market newspapers.
Anyway as the layout evoluted from Faringdon, to Haddenhoe it lost the back siding and gained a goods shed kick back.   It was a pig to operate and a nightmare to keep the point work working and track clean.

Becoming Widgham it lost the engine shed and the stubs off the run round loop, and the goods shed kick back and many attempts to relocate the goods shed failed, however shunting became fun especially when the trains are too long for the loop, and panniers find themselves pushing 10 wagons and pulling 15 more.

Yesterday I decided to put the goods shed on the middle road.   The loading bay for lorries is against a siding.   However I decided that if I inset the track into the road and didn't leave wagons in the way it would not be a problem to my 1:76 scale workforce.  It sort of looks feasible on the layout if not on Anyrail.
The one and a half Airfix engine sheds are becoming an engineering works in the disused engine shed where the goods shed oce stood.
Anyway after removing a couple of yards of track and three points I have ended up with a layout which is fun to operate.   Its DC one engine in steam, which means no hanging about while shunting  as the goods needs to arrive shunt and go again between passenger trains.  Anyway that's the story as of today

Screenshot (275)a.png

Screenshot (276).png

Screenshot (278).png

• Like 2