Wrapping box madness

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Edenbury Town has morphed into Edenvale, home of Dytes Pumps.  The chance find of some Skytrex low relief buildings that were purchased many moons ago have become the basis of the engineering works the office coming from a DPM kit bought for fiver at a car boot! As well as a siding fo Dytes there will be some staithes for household coal in the other siding.   The footbridge is unashamedly Airfix but then all the scenery items were in stock here and I love a freebie!  

20240222_184759.jpg

20240222_184738.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Just wondering how long the stub end of the centre track is - I'm guessing it will serve just as a loco release / run-round?  Looks like an 08 may be OK, but not a bogie loco?  Just wondered, Keith.

It will take a pannier or an 08. Think a pannier is more in keeping with the build but if it hung on until the 70s who knows...

• Thanks 1

On 23/02/2024 at 15:33, bazzer42 said:

It will take a pannier or an 08. Think a pannier is more in keeping with the build but if it hung on until the 70s who knows...

London Transport Panniers lasted until 1971 😉

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

That looks like a fantastic track plan, with plenty of options for interesting passenger runs and freight shunting. Maybe if you made an opening on the spur track you could run longer engines, or maybe even connect another fiddle yard and have trains passing eachother.... I may have to take note of this one!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, TechnicArrow said:

That looks like a fantastic track plan, with plenty of options for interesting passenger runs and freight shunting. Maybe if you made an opening on the spur track you could run longer engines, or maybe even connect another fiddle yard and have trains passing eachother.... I may have to take note of this one!

Nice idea, perhaps another build as I have just bought some DPM parts that will make another nice low relief factory so can see me heading this way again...  I've really enjoyed this build (apart from the platform!).

• 2 weeks later...

Greenery has arrived at Edenvale. The cinema poster of "some like it hot" gives a date of 1959 probably the era I always thought this was based. Will put some passenger pictures up later. 

20240313_215337.jpg

20240313_215228.jpg

20240313_215221.jpg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Rich_F said:

Loving all the little additions that keep appearing!

Thanks Rich, I like the stage when you start adding little extras to breathe some life into a scene. Titivating as the wife calls it!

Looks fantastic! The groundwork and greenery is all very tidy, and the whole layout has a nice consistent, blended-together feel. The little details are truly bringing it together.

How are you finding the operation of the trackplan? It looks like your headshunt is quite short!

On 21/03/2024 at 13:46, TechnicArrow said:

Looks fantastic! The groundwork and greenery is all very tidy, and the whole layout has a nice consistent, blended-together feel. The little details are truly bringing it together.

How are you finding the operation of the trackplan? It looks like your headshunt is quite short!

It is a snug fit but my pannier and 08 fit well, I assume other small wheel bases would fit 🤞

IMG_0684.jpeg

IMG_0685.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

Another variation on a familiar theme.  Edenley quarry loading point. Inspired by Machen pictures it will be a tuning fork with possibly a kick back for a loco or crippled wagon.  I'm afraid I'm too tight to buy some rock moulds so made use of a strip of styrene attacked with a knife, screwdriver and blow lamp!  

20240330_095312.jpg

20240329_171840.jpg

20240329_171821.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1