Standard Class 4-6-0 green question

Romsey Les

I`ve been given this loco unboxed but in the "new" style of plastic inner box. I assumed it was split from the Kader set but after a strange running problem and removing the body I discover it was actually DCC fitted. Can`t tell if the decoder is a Bachmann one  . Am I correct the Kader set one was a split chassis version ? 

The running problem was hesitation running in reverse.  Fitting a DC blanking plate seems to have cured it .  

Was a DCC ready version in the same livery produced . Running number is 75001 and the shed plate is 81F .

What would the model reference number be ?

Thanks for any replies. 

Further research reveals that the Kader set was dated 2008 . A review of the set on youtube   (Sam`s trains) is dated 2018 and the 4MT certainly is DCC ready by then so it looks as if at some point in those 10 years the model was either completely retooled or simply had a new chassis fitted . Maybe someone has a more detailed knowledge of what Bachmann were doing  in those 10 years than I can find online ? 

13 hours ago, Romsey Les said:

I`ve been given this loco unboxed but in the "new" style of plastic inner box. I assumed it was split from the Kader set but after a strange running problem and removing the body I discover it was actually DCC fitted. Can`t tell if the decoder is a Bachmann one  . Am I correct the Kader set one was a split chassis version ? 

The running problem was hesitation running in reverse.  Fitting a DC blanking plate seems to have cured it .  

Was a DCC ready version in the same livery produced . Running number is 75001 and the shed plate is 81F .

What would the model reference number be ?

Thanks for any replies. 

It will be the retooled 4mt (not ex-mainline tooling) and will have the new Bachmann tooled body and DCC ready chassis. As far as I am aware, none of these were produced DCC ready (no chip) not DCC fitted, indeed given that the accompanying J72 in that twin pack was still the split chassis version, it wouldn't have made sense. So your chip would have been added by someone after original purchase

• Agree 1