MEHANO G1000 HO scale - painting the cab floor. Any ideas please?

swisspeat

Hello,

I posted a question on the Swiss Railways section of the Forum today carrying the title "MEHANO G1000 - cab pluses and minuses".

It has just occurred to me that lots of these models are in SNCB and many other liveries so I wondered if any here had any suggestions please? I posted some photos of the problem today on the Swiss pages.

I tried to remove the cab today without success.

Thanks for reading this and any help you can provide.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Pete.

Having grappled with a Jagerndorfer 1163 slowly dismantling the whole thing getting the body off to then finally realise the roof just uncliped could this be the same?

Cheers,

Craig. 

Well some sort of success today!

I tried removing the cab by teasing out the tags on the base. Nothing moved!

I removed the body, an easy albeit a bit stressful task, but just needs 4 screws to be removed.

Under the cab floor I noticed a panel about 1.5 x 1 cm in size. I gently pushed it to find it sticking up into the cab at an angle! Decided to remove it all together and at least I could paint that grey or black.

So I then had a large central hole in the cab. I mulled on seeing if I had any angled paintbrushes because the internal cab sides fall away at an angle.

Bent some microbrushes and was able to carefully paint most of the remainder of the cab floor. There were some out of reach locations that were a step too far for me. Reinserted the cab floor which I had painted.

Now I am a lot more pleased with the loco!

Thanks for telling me to push on Craig.

By the way the loco runs very nicely.

Kind regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Glad you managed to get in, it's very nerve racking taking expensive models apart and praying it all goes back OK.

I've just reassembled a Roco SBB panoramic coach having installed passengers, this is a new model and at £93.00 I took a couple of weeks to pluck up the courage to open it up. End result is a pleasing look and thankfully no damage. Completed in time to take its place in the Arlberg rake  this coming weekend at Loughborough.

If you fancy a ride up the M1 would be great to see you there.

Craig.