Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Chemins de fer de la Corse - freight operations ??

teletougos

In my Platform 5 book of 1996 vintage there was a photo of one of their BB 400 locos on a short freight at Ponte Vecchia.

I'm unsure if anything still runs, but both the CdF Corse and CdF Provence have diesel locos listed on stock in the latest book, mainly for trackwork?

• RMweb Premium

BB 405 arrived on the then CF du Vivarais ( now Train de l'Ardeche) from the CF Corse in 2011.  Currently non operational.   

BB 404 is recorded as being on both systems.  Started life on the CFV moved to CFC and then returned.

I wonder which others may have migrated to other preserved lines.

If I remember correctly, CFdP had two.

They also had a D (0-8-0), locomotive, unnumbered, 1200, an attractive loco built by Henschel, and two very boxy locos from Brissoneau et Lotz.

On my first visit to their works at Lingostiere, (just outside Nice), I was able to wander round in the blazing sunshine at will, and found the un-numbered D out of use up a weed choked siding.

Both BB's were present, one cannibalised.

The new Platform 5 stock book has 1200 withdrawn and for sale, three of the boxy locos, and no sign of either of the BB's or the D.

Meanwhile, CFC seem to have acquired another BB.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Here are the three out of use locos at Lingostiere, CFP, photographed during my fist visit in August 1995.

IMG_20240427_102320.jpg

IMG_20240427_102240.jpg

IMG_20240427_102401.jpg

• Like 3