Instructions for original Dingham couplings.

I was wondering if anyone has a set of these or a copy.  I've got an etch of the originals and one for the Flippem version and I'm trying to get my head around the various settings.  I've also got the Flippem height gauge and various downloaded instructions for 'homemade' versions.  The online Flippem videos I don't find very helpful I'm afraid.  I'm hoping to fit the couplings to stock for Braynerts Sidings where a couple of the 'spotting' locations are rather awkward to get to with 3-links.  My own fault for trying to be clever with the track layout!

Thanks Paul.  I've got the basic principles of the design but there are a couple of little nuances that I was hoping to clear before I start.  I'm going to have to make a set up and test them on Braynerts before I go into fullscale production.  If you've seen any posts on here or elsewhere about the layout you will see that the trackwork is rather atypical for a P4 layout and the curves may well be much to tight for Dinghams in their standard format.  I will also make up a 'super loop' version to see if this will accomodate the curves and pointwork.  Come to Wakefield Show  Sept 30/Oct1 and find out if I've succeeded!

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, 5050 said:

Thanks Paul.  I've got the basic principles of the design but there are a couple of little nuances that I was hoping to clear before I start.  I'm going to have to make a set up and test them on Braynerts before I go into fullscale production.  If you've seen any posts on here or elsewhere about the layout you will see that the trackwork is rather atypical for a P4 layout and the curves may well be much to tight for Dinghams in their standard format.  I will also make up a 'super loop' version to see if this will accomodate the curves and pointwork.  Come to Wakefield Show  Sept 30/Oct1 and find out if I've succeeded!

I’ve got wakey on the list if I can make it. Shelfie 2 uses Dinghams in OO, and uses streamline large radius points. I reckon I have a 90%+ rate of success with them, the vehicles are HUO style hoppers. 
This might help too if you’ve not seen it

https://albionyard.com/2018/12/29/notes-from-the-man-cave-getting-to-grips-with-dinghams/