Birkenhead to Bournemouth 1946/47 coach formations

vectispete

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, vectispete said:

Can anyone assist with the formations of bothSR coaches and GWR coaches used on this service post war please? Any information or photographic evidence would be gratefully received. 

Pete

I would be curious on the loco booking would be as well.

• RMweb Gold

Winter 1946 -47

09.20. Birkenhead - Bournemouth West, alternately SR and GWR stock, next working 09.30 Bournemouth West -Birkenhead

Formation leaving Chester (whole train worked throughout from Birkenhead to Bomo)

Van Third

Third

Compo

Compo

Third

Third

Van Third

Note the train was deleted at some time, which I can't date, during the currency of that timetable

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Winter 1946 -47

09.20. Birkenhead - Bournemouth West, alternately SR and GWR stock, next working 09.30 Bournemouth West -Birkenhead

Formation leaving Chester (whole train worked throughout from Birkenhead to Bomo)

Van Third

Third

Compo

Compo

Third

Third

Van Third

Note the train was deleted at some time, which I can't date, during the currency of that timetable

Victim of the coal shortage cut backs?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Thanks Mike for the formation. I do have a couple of photos- one a complete SR rake and the other GWR with a couple of Maunsell strengtheners. Hard to distinguish much after the first couple of coaches though due to the angle of the photo taken.

Pete

• RMweb Gold
On 26/08/2023 at 21:06, bécasse said:

Victim of the coal shortage cut backs?

Quite possibly especially as ne of the other comtemporaneous inter-company trains was altered seemingly to redice mileage and presumably at the same time(?)>.  Alas the amendment in the Coach Working Book I have is neither dated nor referenced - the trains are simply crossed out.  So they were no doubt  either suspended or withdrawn but no information to understand which unless I can find a Service TT reference somewhere but that will take rather a lot of delving to add little or nothing!