Transfesa 'Blue Train'

aictosphotos

In this video, I can see a total number of about 42/43 freight wagons.

Youtube Video Here

The problem I have is that I've been trying to find out exactly what type of wagons they were as I've now encountered least 4 different types of what it could be and as my knowledge of this train is rather limited, is there any one out there who can remember what wagon type was used as I've seen mention of swapbodies, IFAs, mega frets etc...

Does anyone know for sure what they actually were please?

They're definitely not IFA multifrets or IKA megafrets,  they're Transfesa owned 4 wheelers.

The train ran as a class 7, so 45 mph limited. Possibly down to being European wheel profile if my memory serves right, or the fact they were variable gauge perhaps? Megafrets, IFAs etc would be class 4, 75 mph.

Edit to add this link. Yes they are coded IFA, but no, they're not the same as the IFA / FIA multifret bogie wagons. One TOPS code covers several designs in this case. They are all internationally registered flat wagons, but there the similarly ends...

https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/I/IFA-flats/IFA-Transfesa/

Jo

Edited by Steadfast

They ran as ME120 from Dolland's Moor southward. Within the UK. they ran at 45 mph on their normal routes, but any deviation brought very heavy speed restrictions In recent years, they have conveyed ISO and Hi-Cube  boxes, so are obliged to run via HS1

The wagons were converted from Transfesa ferry vans, of both the ventilated and insulated typed.