Low relief Midland Stations in N? Do they exist, or scratchbuild?

Hello, 

I'm in need of a Midland railway, or LMS style station building that's low relief. Whilst I know there are Metcalfe kits of S&C structures, they aren't exactly what I am looking for. 

I keep searching for low relief 3D prints, but I haven't found much. Likewise, scenecraft stations are costly, especially for the sake of chopping a building in half!

Narborough station is in my county and whilst I have no need for a full station,  using images of the station, I think I might be able to come up with a concept to use certain elements to create my own Midland inspired, brick built station building. Now, by all accounts, I'm no Picasso with modelling, so I'm wondering if I'd be better off getting a 3D cad and print done, or kit bash something together? 

What I'm concerned about is that if I kit bash or scratchbuild, how do I find window frame components etc? I see metcalfe kits and think "I could use their brick paper" but then think how on earth would I do the windows? 

Any guidance is appreciated cause this is perplexing me at the moment. Many thanks.

• RMweb Premium

I  tend to use & simply download the "brickpapers" from Scalescenes or similar.  Windows can be made using the "Sticky- label "  method or by buying ready printed sheets.  You can adjust the apertures to fit the windows! 

One tip I was given was to use graph paper to draw out the detail elevations.