TT scale SW1200 US switcher in UP, BN, PRR & NYC by MTB

teletougos

Just a note for anyone interested - the Czech outfit MTB are doing a small run of their TT scale SW1200 American switcher soon.

This is a RTR diesel manufactured to a pretty good standard, with separately applied handrails and other details. 

Liveries will be UP, BN, PRR and NYC.

Loco will have an improved motor and improved gears over earlier version.  

Price for the USA, Canada and Australia will be around 155€. For Europe around 180€.

A few pictures here

https://www.eurotrainhobby.com/mtb-diesel-locomotive-sw-1200-cb-with-ru/p12720c448

The message came from the TT retailer Zeuke-TT.  Unsure if he will stock it but I'd say it is likely. 

https://www.zeuke-tt.com/

• Like 2

Wow, I'm somewhat amazed by that, considering the acrimonious backstory to this model. This is great news as there has been significant demand for this model (and certainly improvements to the motor and gearing are welcome).

But I do have certain questions about behind-the-scenes issues...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 14/09/2023 at 19:51, britishcolumbian said:

Wow, I'm somewhat amazed by that, considering the acrimonious backstory to this model. This is great news

But I do have certain questions about behind-the-scenes issues...

What were the issues/backstory?  Sounds intriguing :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had a look on the Zeuke-TT website and ordered a few freight cars which arrived this morning. No mention of the SW1200 though.

I have been tempted by the idea of American TT for a while having moved away from N gauge back in the 80s. Here are the cars I've bought along with a size comparison with a Hornby BR (ex-GWR) van from the same era. The tanker and hopper are by MTB and the other two are by Gold Coast which come without couplings. 

20230928_103537.jpg.66aa7222441d35fee5e2455b77018cd1.jpg20230928_103556.jpg.ac8a15d754c28e1fa331a115654cfbbd.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, J-Lewis said:

The SW1200 is up for ordering on the Zeuke site now.  You will need to be quick, Rob is collecting the locos from the trade show today.

Now ordered! 👍

• 2 months later...