Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Room lighting

As part of the new extension to the existing railway building that’s ongoing, attention has now gone to lighting. The intention is to remove all existing fluorescent lighting and go to led panels. These will be linked to the software that controls lighting in the models so a day to night back to day cycle will be achieved. I have worked out the method to do this but wonder if anyone else has done this on a room scale as there appears very few examples are out there.

• RMweb Premium

Does it need to be linked to the software in the model? Could you put a light sensor on the models lighting circuit to activate the lights on the model when the room gets darker? Otherwise some form of zigabee linking would be the best option. 

36 minutes ago, Kris said:

Does it need to be linked to the software in the model? Could you put a light sensor on the models lighting circuit to activate the lights on the model when the room gets darker? Otherwise some form of zigabee linking would be the best option. 

yes it does need to be linked to the software, the effect I’m going for is a transition from day through dusk to night, as this occurs lights in buildings come on at various times, some will go off giving the effect of activity in the building. And as night progresses less lights will be on just like any street you travel down at 2 in the morning.

I have 305 x 305 dimmable LED panels in a couple of rooms of a type intended for office and they're excellent. I chose 5000k temperature as being the most suitable Colour and have had absolutely no regrets.  6000k is a bit cold,  and 3000k is far too warm for model work. Of course all domestic type LEDs are a bit narrow on the colour band, and would benefit from additional colours.

4 hours ago, Giles said:

I have 305 x 305 dimmable LED panels in a couple of rooms of a type intended for office and they're excellent. I chose 5000k temperature as being the most suitable Colour and have had absolutely no regrets.  6000k is a bit cold,  and 3000k is far too warm for model work. Of course all domestic type LEDs are a bit narrow on the colour band, and would benefit from additional colours.

I was thinking of using the 300 x 300 ones but felt they were a little lost on the ceiling so I went with 600 x 600 ones. The other reason is the finished floor area once I finished extended the building.,it will give a floor area of about 85 sq meters