GNER Eurostar (Parts wanted - or help with printing parts)

Hi everyone.  Have been cutting and shutting some sets to make intermediate cars.   I've made 4, which will be OK for the time being.   Now need to find some of the Jacobs type bogie connecting pieces, the ones that push into the end of one coach and clip onto the upright in the Jacobs type bogie.  See attachment.  Alternatively is there anyone on here who does 3D printing who could make me some.

Also I need to convert one dummy car to power.  I have an old white power car that I could use for the motor.  I will also convert to DCC sound.  I have at least one chip somewhere but need to convert an older class 92 chip to Eurostar (got Accurascale 92s now - Hornbys no longer required).

Anyone know if putting the motor in a dummy car is pretty straightforward?

connector.jpg

Edited by Dixie Dean

5 hours ago, Dixie Dean said:

Hi everyone.  Have been cutting and shutting some sets to make intermediate cars.   I've made 4, which will be OK for the time being.   Now need to find some of the Jacobs type bogie connecting pieces, the ones that push into the end of one coach and clip onto the upright in the Jacobs type bogie.  See attachment.  Alternatively is there anyone on here who does 3D printing who could make me some.

Also I need to convert one dummy car to power.  I have an old white power car that I could use for the motor.  I will also convert to DCC sound.  I have at least one chip somewhere but need to convert an older class 92 chip to Eurostar (got Accurascale 92s now - Hornbys no longer required).

Anyone know if putting the motor in a dummy car is pretty straightforward?

connector.jpg

There are no differences between powered and dummy cars, so you can just unclip the non powered bogie and clip the powered bogie  in its place, you can even fit two powered bogies into a single power car without modification.

• Thanks 1

• Dixie Dean changed the title to GNER Eurostar (Parts wanted - or help with printing parts)
6 minutes ago, markw said:

There are no differences between powered and dummy cars, so you can just unclip the non powered bogie and clip the powered bogie  in its place, you can even fit two powered bogies into a single power car without modification.

Cheers Mark, that's very useful.  What's your thoughts regarding the first or second options?  I probably have sufficient old LokSound chips to convert both ends if required.  I presume I might be pushing my luck to run two bogies from one chip (in which case I would get a cheap decoder for the lights at the other end)?

1 hour ago, Dixie Dean said:

Cheers Mark, that's very useful.  What's your thoughts regarding the first or second options?  I probably have sufficient old LokSound chips to convert both ends if required.  I presume I might be pushing my luck to run two bogies from one chip (in which case I would get a cheap decoder for the lights at the other end)?

There is very little difference, if you run it mainly in one direction you may prefer both power bogies at the front, I have done both options so my set has three powered bogies, the twin powered car runs from a single decoder (1A).

• Thanks 1