Road vehicle livery query E G Clarke and Sons Framlingham

t-b-g

• RMweb Premium

A good friend of mine is building a 7mm model of Framlingham as it was in the early BR period. As part of the model, he has built a granary building and would like to model one of E G Clarke's lorries.

We have several black and white photos that show the bodies are a dark colour but neither of us knows much about road vehicles and we don't have lots of books, information or resources and we don't know the actual colour. Neither do we know where to start looking.

We wondered if anybody might either know or be able to point us in the right direction to seek out details.

Thank.

Tony Gee

See if there is an appropriate local Facebook group for Framlingham, which is quite likely, you might have to join. A request on that for information, including, of course, one or more of those b/w photos, might well elicate memories. I see a couple of FB groups for the area in SE London where I grew up just after WWII, I never cease to be amazed at how people are able to identify individual shops (and even shopkeepers) for example.

You might find other useful information the same way.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1