Laser Cut 4mm Scale Ffestiniog Buildings

JaymzHatstand

I'm sure I've seen some photos online somewhere of a few laser cut models of Tan-y-Bwlch station building and the Old Engine Shed at Boston Lodge. I recall them looking pretty good, especially once painted. I haven't been able to find any more details of them anywhere, and was wondering if anyone could help!

I quite fancy the Old Shed, to make a photo plank/small layout to recreate some of the scenes often seen in the older photos, and at more modern photo shoots. 

As inspiration, here is one of mine from 2018 which I hope to replicate in 009!

IMAG52322.jpg.5e79dadef7a759cdd77b24041690072f.jpg

Cheers

J

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Moxy said:

Not sure if these were what you thinking of.  Not laser cut, but there are some 3D printed North Wales buildings by MS Models

https://www.msmodels.co.uk/collections/narrow-gauge?page=1

Thanks for that, they were definitely laser cut and on the Peco stand, possibly at the 009 Society Anniversary show at Statfold last month.

I had seen the MS buildings before, and quite fancy a couple of them too, but had forgotten what the range was called, so you've jogged my memory there!

Cheers

J

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, JaymzHatstand said:

Thanks for that, they were definitely laser cut and on the Peco stand, possibly at the 009 Society Anniversary show at Statfold last month.

Now you mention Statfold, that does a ring a bell.  Peco were showing a laser cut station building, but I think it was just a prototype, it's not out yet.  Don't remember there being an engine shed though, although I admit I wasn't looking that closely at the Peco stand. 

It will be interesting to see how they develop their laser cut range, there is certainly plenty of scope for narrow gauge buildings to copy.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi 

The Water tank looks very good - The roll down shutter instead of door is a reaction to its location, but it has a wooden door behind, hopefully an option for a more genteel location model.  Style of batten and board inspired by FR old co TYB and Penrhyn buildings. so you get a useful basis for a general provisions shed. 

I will not count the battens on the tank surround having fitted twice in real world over the years.  While a water tank and formerly having an oil tank capacity as well it houses some S&T relay cabinets in a secure location. 

It was styled around a signal box with it`s slate roof and general proportions it has  LNWR feel about it!  It even was named "Blaenau Ffestiniog joint lines box No1" for a spring morning back in the day.   

Also should add the Peco buildings are very good and I am sure the fire buckets and red wooden bracket will be available as the finishing touch on the TYB old station building.

All brilliant models of the world famous Ffestiniog Railway, more at www.festrail.co.uk 

Robert