Speakers

rorz101uk

1 hour ago, rorz101uk said:

Hi All 

I’ve got several locos in my collection that have ESU sound decoders. From V3 to V5 can you tell me the ohm value for the speaker’s for each of the decoders because I can’t remember? 

100 ohm for v3 & v3.5, 4-8 ohm for v4 & v5

19 hours ago, rorz101uk said:

I believe my 08 has got either V3 or V3.5 decoder, is there any suppliers that supply 100 0hm speakers?

If its one of the earlier Hornby ones with a Loksound 3.5 it has a small rectangular speaker behind the radiator grille, they never sounded very good because the back of the speaker wasn't enclosed. Does yours still work or do you just want to improve it?

2 hours ago, daltonparva said:

If its one of the earlier Hornby ones with a Loksound 3.5 it has a small rectangular speaker behind the radiator grille, they never sounded very good because the back of the speaker wasn't enclosed. Does yours still work or do you just want to improve it?

Just wanted to improve it! But I’ve found a fault with the motor now, the loco was never very good when running, I fitted the sound chip myself but wanted to improve the sound quality, unfortunately the speaker wire was become detached from the chip and speaker. I originally put the speaker in the cab at the time, was the only way to fit the chip and speaker