Anbrico Kits and ready-made models

roythebus1

As I'm going through my "round tuits" boxes, I'm trying to finish an Anbrico AC Cars railbus kit I got given many years ago by Anbrico. In my other tuit box I have one of their Sheffield trams which I nearly finished on 3 occasions and it's motorised, plus a couple of their bus kits made and unmade.

They used to produce some hand-built models of things like the Glasgow Blue Train and other ultiple units. Back in the early 1960s they were well out of reach price-wise of the average modeller. Does anyone actually have any of these?

On the Sheffield tram, I spent a long time filling a huge gash between the decks on both sides, luckily with low-melt solder. then when I found a picture of the real thing at Crich, found that the gash should actually be there! So out with the pan of bloiling water some time soon and get it right next time.

I'll post some pics of my Railbus next week.

• Like 2

Well, here it is, nearly finished! Mostly windows to install, I'm trying to flush glaze them using 0,5mm clear plastic stuff. The motor is Mashima held in place with double-sided sticky tape an a bit of wire soldered onto the floor to stop it falling out. I can't remember what gearbox I used, but the endes of the drive shaft pivot to give a 3-point suspension to allow for lumpy track. It seems to work remarkably well.

Luckily there's a lot of photos on the railcar.or website.

I ought to look out my Sheffield tram. That has an XT60 motor if I remember correctly. 

362016C3-CE1D-45E0-A5C3-84F2B7B019C9.jpeg

B982FA08-1B02-4520-83DF-692AF86E2EA3.jpeg

1A699810-20B8-4176-8B12-83940873DF34.jpeg

9BB6475F-6077-4E9E-AA89-56D696BC99F9.jpeg

• Like 4

Here's an Anbrico Roberts car body, remade really and built nothing like the instructions, all detail removed soldered up as a one piece unit then beadings etc re added, didn't like the bitty looks to the original kit.

Have several like this and a box full of castings ready to solder together but now superseded by 3d print bodies on radio controlled battery powered mechanisms.

394462326_710770270467205_6854595730146966684_n.jpg

• Like 7