RMweb

Continental Modeller Subscriptions

SimonBoulton

Has anyone else had issues with the subscription copy of Continental Modeller being late? When I first subscribed, a couple of years ago, it used on arrive on the Saturday before the official publication date on the following Thursday. Now it rarely arrives before it appears in the shops, wondered if anyone else has been having this issue? 

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, SimonBoulton said:

Has anyone else had issues with the subscription copy of Continental Modeller being late? When I first subscribed, a couple of years ago, it used on arrive on the Saturday before the official publication date on the following Thursday. Now it rarely arrives before it appears in the shops, wondered if anyone else has been having this issue? 

I only get the digital version of CM these days, but I have a similar issue with the Railway Modeller. Until recently it's usually early, arriving on the Monday before it's due in the shops, but of late I don't get it until a couple of days after it's out to buy. This month I didn't get it until yesterday, and it was out in the shops last Thursday. In August, it didn't arrive at all.

I suspect that most of this can be put down to issues at Royal Mail. Locally we've have terrible issues of late with our RM deliveries. But sometimes the printers send the sub copies out a little late which compounds the issue.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I have been wondering if Continental Modeller will become available on the Readly publications website.
Railway Modeller has been on the website since the July 2023 edition, so hoping that the viewing level has been good and will encourage Peco to add CM soon. Readly availability will be particularly appreciated since CM’s recent jump in price to £7.45.

Edited by ModRXsouth

On 18/10/2023 at 12:42, SimonBoulton said:

No problems at this end, but then I hardly go into newsagents these days so no idea if delivery is in sync or not, but agree with @Geep7 that it's probably Royal Mail-related.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, ModRXsouth said:

Railway Modeller has been on the website since the July 2023 edition, so hoping that the viewing level has been good and will encourage Peco to add CM soon. Readly availability will be partially appreciated since CM’s recent jump in price to £7.45.

Hadn't noticed that! My Readly usage has dropped significantly since Key Publishing removed most of their content from the platform. I have the physical + online subscription for RM anyway, but will have a look at RM on Readly anyway to get the numbers up.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TT-Pete said:

No problems at this end, but then I hardly go into newsagents these days so no idea if delivery is in sync or not, but agree with @Geep7 that it's probably Royal Mail-related.

It was in the shops Thursday so your subscription copy should have arrived a couple of days ago