Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Request for help to get hose or adaptor for Aztec airbrush

ecgtheow

I recently used the Tony Wright method (Halfords satin black rattle can) to respray my recently purchased Hornby LNER J36, fitted NBR number plates & transfers & planned to weather it yesterday because the weather was fine using my Aztec airbrush. Unfortunately the adaptor (internal diameter of the male thread 4mm) I had to fit it to the compressor (external diameter of the hose female thread 5mm) had gone walkabout & couldn't be found anywhere.

Testors stopped making Aztec airbrushes in 2020 even though their airbrushes were quite highly regarded (an expert published his experience with them in MRJ some time ago) & I am stumped living in Switzerland knowing where to get a new adaptor or alternatively a new hose with suitable sized connections. The alternative is a new airbrush, which would be expensive, & the Aztec 470 is an easy to use double action brush, which I like, though I haven't used it for a year or two. Can anybody help, please?

William

NBR Class C awaiting weathering.JPG

• RMweb Premium

Aztek seem to have used their own proprietary threads, as I expect you know, so you'll need to search specifically for an Aztek adaptor. It sounds like your compressor is M5, and the only Aztek adaptors I've found are to 1/8" BSP, so you might need to get a 1/8" BSP to M5 adaptor as well.

Thanks to you for your replies. Unfortunately Everything Airbrush was of no help but The Airbrush Company could be as they have 1/8" BSP adaptors, but at both ends also available from Faller GmbH in Germany. It seems these hoses would fit Iwata compressors, but is so I might have to get one or first try to source a hose with 1/8" BSP at one end & 5mm at the other. I have 2 compressors both by Revell one old & basic but still works well & the other sophisticated & more or less brand new, which I have still to use.

William