The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Metro Memory Game

StuAllen

• RMweb Gold

Came across this yesterday https://london.metro-memory.com after seeing it in the BBC news site https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67197933.

It’s strangely addictive managed to get around 140 stations before struggling (it counts each line as a station so Victoria has 3 stations Victoria/Circle and District lines)

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Took a few attempts to get the name right for Kings Cross, it’s the name of the tube station rather than the railway station. Up to 267 now with the help of SWMBO (her family is from London) got all the central stations. Struggling with DLR, and overground stations

• RMweb Premium

A few slip ups from me. Notting Hill, forgetting about the Gate, and Kew Bridge instead of Kew Gardens (I much prefer towering steam engines to flowers 😀), and then I struggled with the exact names for the stations at Heathrow. 117  and still going strong, although I'm disappointed to miss ones I ought to know on the District and Bakerloo lines, which I used to travel regulalrly on.

Without cheating I eventually got to 480 (82.8%) and then my computer froze!  I was running short of ideas, though a couple of stations I could picture in my mind’s eye but couldn’t remember the name.

You get a nice effect when you clear a line (W&C is the easiest).  I note that recent extensions of the Goblin and Northern Line are included.  I noticed that some minor spelling errors get corrected, but names should be complete (e.g. I tried various alternative spellings of "Piccadilly" before realising that there was another part of the name).

Thanks to an “old git’s pass” I travel around the TFL network quite a lot, but am least familiar with lines extending to NW London (metroland) and stations on the DLR. 

Edit: Hooray!  My progress has been restored after rebooting.

Edited by EddieB
  • Like 1