Desktop CNC Milling Machine (Genmitsu Pro Max V2)

Thank you for the review, I have been on the fence with these machines because of the flex that most of the less expensive machines, and want to use it for the same use as you, to make chassis etc, for my 3d printed rolling stock. Will be following with interest.

• Like 1

A quick update with some parts I have made on the CNC machine. These are for an O gauge diesel shunter that I am scratch building, incorporating continuous springy beam (CSB) suspension.

I’ve designed some CSB tags that I can use with Slaters hornblocks. I’ve then made an inner frame to retain the hornblocks and position the CSB mounts (repurposed handrail knobs). This will all be mounted on the inside of the outer mainframe (yet to be made). I intend to use slots in the outer mainframe as the guides for the hornblocks. I’ve also made the coupling rods.

Brass parts are 28 thou (0.7mm) and the nickel silver rods are 64 thou (1.6mm). I’ve measured the finished parts to be spot on intended dimensions with my digital vernier callipers which measure to 0.01mm. 

IMG_4120.jpeg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve completed the basic chassis on my Drewry shunter project and given it a first test run. All parts cut on the CNC. Testament to the accuracy of the machine, it ran perfectly with no fettling needed.

The loco is DCC Bluetooth controlled and powered by an onboard battery, but that’s a story for another thread!

IMG_4128.jpeg

IMG_4129.jpeg

IMG_4130.jpeg

Edited by Durley
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• 5 months later...

Many thanks for posting this. I bought athe same CNC cutter ( bit of an impulse buy on Amazon as it was significantly reduced in price) I've only used it to router thin MDF so far but want to use it on brass .so this has been really useful. I also use Fusion 360 for 3D printing , but not yet tried it for design of brass parts to be milled. 

Edited by Nick52