If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Wanted, smokebox door for Airfix 4F

roythebus1

As the title says, smokebox door wanted for Airfix 4F 0-6-0. I've just made a replacement chassis fr the loco, it runs very well and with a bit of super-detailing is looking good. But many years ago it was converted to a Thomas style loco and  I lost the original! Somebody kindly sent me a replacement about 6 years ago, but the carpet monster has eaten that one.

Going through my box of round tuits and this one came to the top of the pile. Help anybody?

42 minutes ago, roythebus1 said:

I'll wait in hope for the moment...the other one may just re-appear from the carpet monster!

I'm also missing a brake shoe from the etched chassis kit. 

I spent an afternoon recently, pulling everything out from in, under and around the bench. Found all manner of lost stuff! Those fine tweezers, brass screws, springs! 

Also, kits, bodies and spray paint I forgot I had....

Hard work but like going shopping without leaving the house! 

And a good going round with the hoover.

Emptied the drum into the dustpan and found brass washers, more brush springs and brushes. Marvellous!

• Round of applause 1

13 minutes ago, roythebus1 said:

Most of my boxes and cupboards have suffered a severe mouse infestation. It's a brick-built room adjacent to the garage in the garden, built to "house" standards. Every cupboard has been invaded. Maybe they've eaten it??

"Borrow" a cat and lock it in overnight.....

• RMweb Gold
On 03/11/2023 at 08:06, roythebus1 said:

As the title says, smokebox door wanted for Airfix 4F 0-6-0. I've just made a replacement chassis fr the loco, it runs very well and with a bit of super-detailing is looking good. But many years ago it was converted to a Thomas style loco and  I lost the original! Somebody kindly sent me a replacement about 6 years ago, but the carpet monster has eaten that one.

Going through my box of round tuits and this one came to the top of the pile. Help anybody?

Hi Roy,

I have one, just taken a long time to find it in all my piles of stuff, if you're comfortable to do it, pm me your address and it will be on its way to you on Thursday, I'm in Australia and a fair way from a Post Office.

Rgds........Mike