Decapod to Octopod

844fan

Hey all,

Sorry about my recent drawings post, I am still finding good resources hard to find but that isn't what I'm here for today. Nah nah, I was wanting to do some research on the good old A55 and A55r aka the GER titan. My main thing is I recently came across a photo of A55r and it is clear to me that the assembly under her running board is different as far as I can tell to the original build.

I know the A55r used far less of the Decapod than most think, which also got me thinking are the boiler diameters and Smoke Box even the same? I want to make the engines for my projects and well I only know full details of Decapod. I hope this post isn't too similar to a older post I ran, asking about the buffer beam and all. But that was ages ago and I have more questions than answers this time.

Oh before I forget does anyone know of more photos of either A55 or A55r the exhaust on A55r looks off was the smoke box flanked by two large rectangular chambers? In every photo I can find remotely showing her front at angle they look like bent smoke deflectors but perspective.

Also I would love to see  the infamous picture of both in the workshop. But I understand if no one has it.

Thank you all and have a good one,

Joey

35 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

I can't help with your 'wants', but a long deceased pal of mine made a passable model of the rebuild using a Bec J17 body on an 0-8-0 chassis backin the early 70s.(00 of course). Unusual model.

Wants, sounds a tiny bit entitled. If I came off that way I am sorry, and would love to see that model if you have photos. Sorry for your loss, don't care how long ago it may have been your friend is missed and that is no lie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1