Triang TT Merchant Navy 'Spam Can' restoration

Hello All,

I'm trying to get my late 1959 vintage Triang TT Spam Can back into running order. 

Unfortunately, the screw that holds the two connecting rods in place on the centre driving wheel on one side of the loco has gone missing..... and despite much searching, plus very carefully sifting through the contents of the vacuum cleaner using an illuminating magnifying glass on a stand, in the hopes that might have 'found' it.... no such luck.  It's disappeared.

Any thoughts anyone on what thread that screw is, and/or where I might obtain a replacement, and/or where I might get a copy of the one on the other side made?

Cheers,

Dave

From memory Triang 00 /H0  used BA threads with even numbers, 8BA Chassis and  body screws 10BA Coupling rod screws  12 BA return crank screws for outside valve gear,  TT used the same chassis screws but I never had a MN or 61 or Castle so can't be sure what the long coupling rod screw was but I seem to remember the 00 screw fitted the Jinty centre wheel thread but was too big for the eye of the rod.    I would try 10BA, but you need a shouldered screw so turning down the shoulder and head of an OO  screw might be needed.     Incidentally Hornby  Dublo used BA but used some odd numbers  5 and 7.

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Dave Chilli said:

I'm trying to get my late 1959 vintage Triang TT Spam Can back into running order. 

http://www.tri-angtt.org.uk/ttService Sheet 22.htm

Here's a link to Lendons of Cardiff service sheet, parts nos etc for your loco.

Hope this is of use, Regards, Rich

• Informative/Useful 1