Dapol Jinty

RomneySands

I have a Dapol Jinty. It is now over 6 years old. It works just fine, smooth runner etc, etc but it really annoys me! It sets off along my  15' of end to end railway and after about a metre, the loud chuffs, etc, etc subside to quiet ones and it continues this until the end of the layout. Slowing down and speeding up make no difference. If I stop it it starts off just fine and then repeats the process.  I have played with all sorts of CVs until the cows come home. I have tried factory resets, CV 8 = 8. I can turn the sound up or down but always it goes to back to quiet coasting chuffs after a metre of perfection!. There surely must be CVs that can rectify this? My other choice will be to sell it but this is not fair on who inherits it!  I also suppose that I could have it reblown. Originally I bought if for a 4' long layout and it ran on this for four years and I did not not notice this. All ideas, suggestions greatly accepted. The decoder is a Zimo with a Digitrains sound file. Thanks

IMG_1610.jpeg

Thanks very much Paul. I will have a “play” with those CVs during the day and report back. I discovered the dewatering CVS about a year ago but only usually try changing CV272 and CV273 as I like locos that sound as if they are doing something before they move. I’m convinced this happens in real life. I was not sure what 274, 275 and 276 did.