DCC Concepts decoder help

GWR-fan

Today,  I received an as new, seemingly unused but very old Hornby Rebuilt Merchant Navy class loco in the "Atlantic Coast Line" train pack.  Decribed as fine when last run and DCC fitted.  Well,  the former was untrue but the latter correct.  After disassembly I found a small DCC Concepts decoder installed and also a very small DCC Concepts electrical unit attached to the rear of the motor above the commutator.  At first I thought that the aft mounted unit may have been a firebox glow,  however, after fixing the loco there did not seem to be anything happening there (perhaps a function of the decoder).  At present all my DCC gear is packed away other than a Bachmann EZE-Command control station so I am unable to determine if the unit functions or not on a higher function number than the EZE-Command is able to operate.  No attempt had been made to open up an access hole in the firebox if the unit is a firebox glow for it to shine through.

I have reassembled the drive and am hoping that someone may be able to identify the DCC Concepts unit from my description without me having to remove the body again.  Once the drive  Walschaerts linkage had been repaired the loco ran superbly.

I need to read up on changing CV29 as the unit runs backwards to the norm.  Is the EZE-Command able to change cv's,  particularly CV29,  please?

Edit: I read the EZE-Command directions and a direction change is simple enough using the command station.

Edited by GWR-fan
Additional information