4D-011- OO Gauge Railcar - Removing the Body for DCC Sound Install

Jon Harbour

G'day Everyone,

I bought a Dapol OO Gauge Railcar second hand from Hattons last year and overall I am very happy with it. It runs beautifully on DC and I have now acquired a Zimo Sound Chip from YouChoos (no connection bar being a satisfied customer) with speaker and stay-alive. Having acquired all the pieces I need (including crew and passengers) to ensure I hopefully only have to open the railcar once, I'm now ready to do the install. 

I've hit a stumbling block straight away though, in that although I have followed the manufacturers instructions by gently pulling the body apart at the indentations in the chassis, it has not dropped away from the body as described.

Are there any other clips other than the two mentioned in said instructions? Any suggestions as to a smart but gentle way to winkle out the chassis and separate it from the body? What obvious step have i missed?

Thanks in advance!

Use strips of old credit/bank cards or plastic card. Insert them between the bottom edge of the body and the chassis. Use four or five and slide them along until the side releases from the clips. Leave them in place and repeat the process on the other side. The body should then lift off easily. (CJL)

• Agree 1