SECR 100 seater coach

There is a drawing of the 10 comp't 100 seater (dia. 52) in Mike King's Southern Pull-Push Stock book as well as a few photos. Plans may be available separately from him.

My model (in 4mm) was scratch built using Bill Bedford brass sides. 

DSCF1741.JPG.b8b899de5dccf6481af3b1e8e61954ea.JPG

Hope that helps.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
On 23/11/2023 at 08:15, 145 Squadron said:

There is a drawing of the 10 comp't 100 seater (dia. 52) in Mike King's Southern Pull-Push Stock book as well as a few photos. Plans may be available separately from him.

My model (in 4mm) was scratch built using Bill Bedford brass sides. 

DSCF1741.JPG.b8b899de5dccf6481af3b1e8e61954ea.JPG

Hope that helps.

Thanks I had been wondering who had produced the sides and lo, here they are.

What was the donor please 145?

Phil.

Edited by Mallard60022
spellin'
  • Like 1

Hi Phil: the majority of the carriage was Plasticard with I think 247 developments white metal bogies. The roof was made from a wood former, sanded to shape then a layer of plasticard bound to the former with bandage then cooked in the oven until it formed the shape. Most of the rest of the bits from the usual small suppliers sources. I don't usually make these earlier coaches, most being Bulleids of various types but wanted a coach to go with my Ironclad Pull - Push set.

DSCF1739.JPG.57b5625e45b8a87680fb96d61a4d7915.JPG 

I enjoyed the diversion! Tony

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, 145 Squadron said:

Hi Phil: the majority of the carriage was Plasticard with I think 247 developments white metal bogies. The roof was made from a wood former, sanded to shape then a layer of plasticard bound to the former with bandage then cooked in the oven until it formed the shape. Most of the rest of the bits from the usual small suppliers sources. I don't usually make these earlier coaches, most being Bulleids of various types but wanted a coach to go with my Ironclad Pull - Push set.

DSCF1739.JPG.57b5625e45b8a87680fb96d61a4d7915.JPG 

I enjoyed the diversion! Tony

Classic. I've got a RTR Hornby jobby that isn't correct side wise, but might be the correct shape otherwise (with some Licence). I shall dig it out and have a think ( which is all I usually do, as you may know).

Phil

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Classic. I've got a RTR Hornby jobby that isn't correct side wise, but might be the correct shape otherwise (with some Licence). I shall dig it out and have a think ( which is all I usually do, as you may know).

Phil

IIRC Roxey sell the roofs from their kits separately to get the correct profile - or look out for a cheap Bachmann birdcage?

I've got a pair of the Bedford sides for one that have been sitting in the "to do something about" pile for several years now!

• 1 month later...