Any N-Scale German kits like Peco's n scale freight wagons?

james nichols

On 25/11/2023 at 14:12, james nichols said:

I have many Peco N-Scale freight wagons built from kits that are British prototype, does such a thing exist in German prototype?  I would like to build a fleet of wagons for a small switching style N-Scale layout.  

I think most German N gauge modellers would just buy off the shelf RTR models. Is there a particular reason that you don't want to do this? I only ask because at the average UK model railway show there are one or two retailers with a box of 'old hat' type European N gauge wagons that would fit the bill (but don't pay more than about £10  per wagon). 

• Agree 1

The only item I remember seeing which fits your description was a self-assembly version of a German vehicle roughly equivalent to a guard's van, by Arnold; however, this dates from the 1970s or 80s so isn't likely to be available new. I did see, and nearly bought, an unbuilt one from a second hand dealer at a show a couple of years ago so perhaps a look on ebay might find you one.

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking at this route simply because I built the Peco N wagons to build up a small fleet of wagons.  It was inexpensive and simple.  Just wondering if there was something similar available for german wagons.  I will look the RTR route and see what I can find on EBay.  Living over here in the US makes shipping a bit more expensive so EBay may be a better option than from a shop.

• Like 1