Fleischmann HO steel open wagon for Saxony - product number?

BillB

Hi folks, I have seen a Fleischmann goods train set issued in 1989 as Fleischmann 4886. It contains a steel open wagon lettered for Saxony. I am wondering if this was issued separately? And if so what the product number is? I don't want to buy the set, as whilst the wagons seem to have NEM coupler pockets, it has a KPEV T 16.1 which does not have NEM coupler pockets. I don't need a 1989 issued wagon if it was issued at other times with other #s, provided it is for the k.Sachs. I have looked on ebay Germany and thru my old Fleischmann catalogues for such a wagon, but have not found it, so maybe it only came in that set.

Best regards,

Bill.

• Like 2

It looked familiar, so I checked my stock this morning.

I have one. It was originally in red but is now in green with DR branding and runs with a KOF and a van as my works train.

I certainly never bought the set. so it must have been available as a single item. I have no idea of what the code might have been, as it was purchased a very long time ago.

Bernard

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I actually have the set (bought 'as new' in perfect condition only recently) so I too can confirm this is the same wagon.  I was already thinking of posting a thread to find out more about the contents of the set - I'm hoping I'll have some time this afternoon.  Thanks, Keith.

• Like 1

Hi Keith, can you confirm what type of coupler mountings the T 16.1 in the Fleischmann 4886) set has, please? The pics I have seen online seem to show a Fleischmann Profi coupler in a mount that cannot be swapped out. Other pics, e.g. Osterhun, suggest that the KPEV T 16 did not get NEM pockets until the 2010 issue, which seems a bit late. It seems odd that the wagons in the Fleischmann 4886 set do have NEM pockets, but the loco does not.

Best regards,

Bill.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, BillB said:

Hi Keith, can you confirm what type of coupler mountings the T 16.1 in the Fleischmann 4886) set has, please? The pics I have seen online seem to show a Fleischmann Profi coupler in a mount that cannot be swapped out. Other pics, e.g. Osterhun, suggest that the KPEV T 16 did not get NEM pockets until the 2010 issue, which seems a bit late. It seems odd that the wagons in the Fleischmann 4886 set do have NEM pockets, but the loco does not.

Best regards,

Bill.

Thanks Bill, I've just taken some photos to show exactly that, as I thought it might be helpful to others - I'll post them in a new thread now over coffee.  Keith.

Edited by Keith Addenbrooke